Pages

Saturday, July 22, 2006

flashback!

Oh, I shudder to think of it. Apparently, 80's fashion is making a comeback. It was only a matter of time, really, but still, I shudder. I was just looking at urban outfitter's catalog online, and, "What? Are those jellies? Ohmigod, they're selling jellies!" Then, I turned the page to see large print tees, nautical stripes, leggings! Oh say it ain't so!! But, yes, leggings are back. If you're not pencil thin, and you want something to make you look really big (imagine egg on stilts), then go with leggings and a nautical stripe shirt. Works every time!

At least, I haven't seen fluorescent colors. Yet. It's probably just a matter of time. Then, there's the lightning earrings. Yep, I think I had a pair. If I didn't, I certainly wanted them. Only this time, they're very pretty, on a soft, pretty girl instead of the angry punk rocker chick. It's kind of amusing. There are certain things I missed about the 80's, like flat leather sandals and Converse (timeless, but I do associate them with the 80's.) However, I don't foresee myself wearing leggings again. Nor do I expect to have big hair and frosty eye shadow. I didn't like them the first time around, I don't see why I should like them this time.

The nice thing is that I doubt anyone will dress head-to-toe 80's. If they do, and it's not an 80's night at the club or Halloween, they deserved to be mocked till stomp their jellied feet in annoyance. I'm sure other, more sane, people will temper this 80's rehash into something acceptable (even though the leggings..no, please leave these out!) I'll have to keep my eyes open!

1 comment:

k said...

80's fashion..me thinks i smell an oxymoron