Pages

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Fotos

Here are some pics from the trip out here as well as some local shots...




The new car ready to go



Open road



I think we saw this truck a few times



Look, ma, a train....



The desert does strange things to a camera



I think the name says it all...



Visitor center...looks very Southwestern, no?



Yucca plant



The desert



More desert



and again



sun setting....on the desert



Vicki shooting...in the desert



you can guess where this be...



Stop and shop!!



complete with Running Indian (no, I did not make that up!)



Another stop on the way



HA!!



Look ma! Another train!



Oooh, Saguaros!! You know we're in Arizona!!



Cactus bud



Along the Continental Divide



We made it to Cali!!



...and miles to go....



Our little hotel in 29 Palms



There's our room




Greenery at the hotel



The view from our little hilltop



Which-a-way, George??



Joshua Tree National Park
Visitor Center



Ocotillo Cactus



I could use a beer...
hey! Look!! Damn! Empty!



The Joshua Trees begin



Doesn't look much fun to climb



Life in the desert



Dried broken gourd



My car looks so small!



Too bad they had this sign where there
weren't very many Joshua Trees...



Some cool rock formations



I tried to climb this one and sit in the eyeball...
I just couldn't make it..too short



This one's got to be quite old



Ah! Finally, the forest!



Another view



Vicki in the forest, looking awfully tiny in comparison!



Ok, we're going the right way!!



Boxes in the dining room...



Boxes in the kitchen...



Boxes in the bedroom....




Vicki gets to work!!



El gato checking things out...



and making sure the chairs are up to snuff



The local train stop...



St. Joseph Church



Old tree on the beach



Carpinteria State Beach



People walking along the beach



Woman walking her dog



Sea anemone



And a few more having a party...



A clam showing off...



Crabby Joe



The beach in the other direction



High tide coming



July 1st car show



Linden Avenue in Carpinteria



Jacaranda and Palm Trees

12 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful Pictures Claudia!! I love the ones in the desert, they almost don't look real. And the ones of the feet on the beach, very cool.

k said...

lovely

ddumping said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

bdfytoday said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

C. said...

Thank you, and for those that I don't know, I hope you continue to visit!!

bdfytoday said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Pamela said...

I've become a time traveler.
(:

I let WT talk me into it.

Melissa said...

I had to comment because of your White Sands pictures...Cory was stationed at Holloman Air Force Base for four years. My son was born in Alamogordo. Nobody knows where this is, but then holy crap, there are some pictures of White Sands! :)

Vicki said...

Willow brought me by here with his link. This post was PreVicki Blogging days.

The picture is not ME vicki.. it's another Vicki? Is she charming as well? =)

marnie said...

I would like to know how long it took to upload all those photos.

Hour and a half?

Great shots. My fave is the old tree on the beach. Beautiful.

Mert said...

Here via Once Upon a Blog, wiloowtree. I love the photos! I especially like the "people walking on the beach" and the "cactus buds".

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.