Pages

Saturday, October 21, 2006

El gato the wannabe photographer...

As I sat here, reading blogs and news and getting all worked up about an article I saw, I hear a loud clang and see my cat run out the door. I figure she knocked something over and scared herself. Then, I continue to hear it as she races in the patio...clang, bang, clangidy clang...

I get up to go check and there is el gato, racing back inside with an old Kodak box camera bouncing behind her..bang, bang.

She's racing, trying to get away from it and the faster she races, the louder the noise of the camera bouncing off anything it hits, and I'm running behind her trying to catch her.

I finally cornered her in the bathroom and got the camera strap off her neck. Amazingly, that old camera is still in one piece, but I think the cat may reconsider her attempts at photography.

7 comments:

Karmyn R said...

Poor El Gato - however, absolutely hilarious!!!!

I had a cat get a plastic grocery bag stuck on his foot - and he ran around the house screeching because it was right behind him.

Claudia said...

Heheehe...I know it's mean to laugh...but it is funny.
when I first got her, she got her head stuck in the handle of a paper bag...to this day she still avoids them!!

Pamela said...

To bad that wasn't an automatic camera... she could have been snapping pictures through the ordeal


Remember when our Contessa jumped up on the table and caught on fire from the candle ??

C said...

El gato is going to need a valium after that much stress.

Claudia said...

Pamela...just proves...I have a useless cat. She can't blog, can't take pictures, what on earth do I keep her around for! She's useless! :)
Poor Contessa...somehow I think I had missed that one...poor thing!!

C, yes...definitely..she panted for at least 5 minutes!!

Odat said...

Poor cat!!! Being scarred by the "chasing camera" and it's not even Halloween!!
Peace

SongBird said...

Hilarious!!! One of my cats tried to hang himself with the cord on the window blinds. I extricated him before he did too much damage.