Pages

Friday, October 27, 2006

Sociality

Last night a few of us from class went out to celebrate finishing the session (and passing!!) My original plan was to have a few margaritas, but when I looked at the drink menu, the restaurant had some liquors I had never had before. How can a girl pass up a new drink with South American booze??

Have you ever heard of pisco? I hadn't until last night. It's a Peruvian liquor and quite tasty as a Pisco Sour. It tastes a bit like a margarita but it doesn't kick you in the head quite as much. Needless to say, I had a couple!

The evening slowly carried on into the night and a party at another student's house. The cops were called, even though I don't understand quite why...it was not very loud or obnoxious. The girl that lives there was threatened with a $700 ticket, so I got to go to her last party. I can't say I blame her. $700 for party? She better start charging admission!!!

Coming home at 2 a.m, I was happy. I tend to close myself up in my own little world and become a bit anti-social at times. I get into these moods that I don't want to do anything or put forth the effort to head out and mingle. Last night was good for me. Sometimes, all I need is a fun night out.

10 comments:

Odat said...

Glad you had a good time..you deserved it.
Peace

Karmyn R said...

CONGRATS on PASSING!

Never heard of the drink - but if it doesn't have Tequila in it and still tastes like a margarita - SIGN ME UP!!!!

mist1 said...

All those Peruvians in my family and no one has brought Pisco to Xmas dinner yet? I am going to have a serious talk with that side of the family this December.

joy,supposedly said...

YEAH for you! I'll pass on the Pisco, i'm a fan of the kick in the head.

SongBird said...

Cheers!!

C said...

I am happy for you for passing and socializing some.

Matt said...

I like my Central American beers. Reminds me of this bodega I used to frequent in DC.

Mouse said...

Congratulations!
Look forward to working through some bottles of eau de vie when you can make it to France!

avec amy said...

It sounds like a great evening! And thanks for telling me about Pisco. I’m always searching for new drinks! I’ll have to see if I can find it in Paris. I completely understand your feelings of making plans and then wishing you hadn’t. But, like you, when the night is over I’m usually happy that I went. Felicitation on passing your exam!

Melissa said...

I do the same thing by closing myself off sometimes - it sounds like a great time!