Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Viva La Fluff-N-Fold

One of the drawbacks to living in an apartment with no washer and dryer is well...no washer and dryer!! I get to lug my laundry basket upstairs to the laundry room, pay $1.50 for a small load of laundry. Then, while the dryer only costs $1, it usually takes 2-3 cycles for my clothes to actually dry. This means I usually end up paying at least $4 for one load of laundry. I miss having my own washer and dryer and doing laundry at any time-not to mention being able to leave the clothes in the dryer and not worrying that someone else needs to use the dryer! I used to be able to run errands knowing my clothes were safely tumbling in the dryer and that they would still be there when I returned.

The past couple of days, I have been doing #1 on my list of this week's priorities...Nothing! Absolutely nothing. It's been great. However, it's about time I get that laundry done. Lounging in my pj's is great for the house, but I do eventually have to leave my little bat-cave. I would like to have decent clean clothes to wear when I do. I have a laundry basket overflowing with clothes. I look at it and shudder at the thought of lugging it upstairs, and then waiting. And waiting. I have better ways to waste my time, thank you very much.

That's where the Fluff-N-Fold comes in. This is a whole new concept for me. This little corner laundro-mat is so close to my house, right by the highway. And they do the dirty work for me. I bring them my laundry basket full of dirty stinky clothes, and get them back clean, fresh-smelling, and folded!! Oh, happiness.

11 comments:

Jodi said...

Are you serious?? There is an actual place where you can take your stuff dirty and get it back clean??!??!? EXCELLENT!!

When I lived in Nashville there was this place called "Harvey WashBangers" It was a laundromat/bar... you could put a load in and then, well... get loaded!! But now that I am older... I think I would get more out of "Fluff-n- Fold!!

Susan in va said...

Oh, yeah. I'd be all over that one! I can't imagine being without a washer and dryer at my immediate disposal - how would I clean bed linens that had been puked on at 2am?

Claudia said...

Jodi...YES!!! my landlady said it's a big hit with bachelors too...(wink wink nudge nudge..) the new place to meet!

Susan...oh yeah! I usually try not to puke in bed anymore...lol...seriously, with kids you need to have a washer and dryer right there!!

Karmyn R said...

That is one thing I do not miss about apartment living - oh and the noisy people upstairs, my pot-smoking dealer across the hall, and the stinky old man two doors down.

Matt said...

karmyn r,

I am all three of those folks rolled up in one. I am your worst nightmare.

God, I miss having a washer/dryer. I mean, on television sexy people are always bumping into each other while doing laundry....

mist1 said...

I've been thinking about doing laundry all week. So far, I have preferred to shop.

willowtree said...

Amen to the apartment and laundry deal, I didn't mind living in an apartment but I hated the shared (coin)laundry.

Karmyn, that's just plain stupid! There's no way I could have lived across the hall and two doors down at the same time!

Claudia said...

Karmyn, so far all I've had to deal with are the hyenas and the guy whose truck honks La Cucaracha (which totally cracks me up!!)

matt, you're not that old!

Mist, yes, I have just returned from a successful shopping trip...happy sigh....

Willow, are you and Matt twins? hmmm...

Mouse said...

There is nothing better than clean sheets and fluffy towels, except maybe fresh French bread and sunny dawns, and Johnny Depp and chocolate...

Ok, clean sheets and fluffy towels are good...

(Fluff-N-Fold sounds like a firm of bad lawyers in the brink of insolvency, or a pair of kittens)

Claudia said...

Mouse, I love your train of thought. I say, we get the clean sheets and Johnny Depp and chocotate!....of course the sheets won't stay clean very long, but at least we have the fluffy towels too!!

Melissa said...

I'm going to need several hundered dollars worth of gift certificates to this place. Oh the joy it would bring to my heart... (she said as she was doing loads and loads and loads of laundry)