Pages

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Update....

I just got back a little while ago and I am just plain exhausted. My new shelf is still in boxes against the wall. I just don't have the energy to put it together, not to mention I would probably need help as it's the larger Expedit bookcase and measures 72 7/8 x 72 7/8. Casualties of the day...my neighbor H. smooshed her finger and I ran my toe over with the corner of the box as we were getting the boxes inside. The box won. Here are a few pics from the day...


Voila! The whole area around here
is very manicured and "prettified."
It reminded me of Disney.



And you guys thought I was extreme!!



My little car loaded down with both my
and H.'s purchases. She was amazed it all fit!



Passenger seat belts required for
anything weighing the same as a person!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Woo hoo! I love Ikea.

Prettified - everytime I see a place like this my sociology of urban spaces professor crowds her way into my mind and goes, "That's a sanitized public space! It's not really public!" Jeez. I can never escape it. I say it to my husband. Especially at Disneyland. I'm such a dork.

I'm sorry for your casualties but congrats on your successful shopping!!

Claudia said...

Sanitized is definitely a good word for it. Both H. and I were amazed at how everything in the area (actually Ikea with it's blue and yellow was the gaudiest thing around...I love it!!) was so..perfect looking. As if it's not real.

mist1 said...

Something about the whole everything packs flat thing weirds me out.

It just doesn't seem natural.

Willowtree said...

Break out the screwdrivers!!!

Claudia said...

mist1, I don't think that works with sofas...

Willow...yeah baby!! One of the greatest inventions..the 13-in-1...

Doppleganger said...

You're the only person I know who brings a camera while shopping at Ikea.

Melissa said...

Next time I go to Ikea I'm totally bringing my camera.

Matt said...

I like how everything in life is documented now. No one can accuse you of being an undocumented Italian.

Claudia said...

DG....I am probably the only person you know that also takes pictures while driving...LOL...I'm not saying I'm the only one, but probably the only one you know.

Melissa..you should!! I have to admit, I held back.


Matt, you got that right. I gots all my papers!

C said...

Man where did H sit on the way back home - on the roof of your car?