Pages

Friday, December 15, 2006

Feelin' Groovy...

today was one of those days...busy but yet, lazy. Does that even make any sense? I had stuff to do...got it done. Sat around work and chatted and laughed and had a pretty good time. Came home. Did more stuff (all school stuff...) dropped off my film...and now, here I sit, feeling like I spent the day relaxing and yet, still tired. I am not making sense, am I?

I think the trick was that nice hot shower I took last night before going to bed. God! That was wonderful. I felt human again after that. The past few days I've been trying to get things done and feeling rushed...as if I don't have enough time. And today...the load has lightened. I have time. I feel like I should write about something more in-depth, but you know what? I really don't feel like it. I've been busting my ass and apparently, my brain is going on strike as well. I had a teacher way back when that said our bodies are lazy and will do the minimum required. I think my brain is in that mode now. The whole monkey mind thing. Stupid cheeky monkeys. I almost feel as if I am drunk...but I'm not. Sheeeeet!!

After I dropped my film off, I headed off to Trader Joe's for eggs and a quart of milk (how quaint of me!) This groovy vibe continued as they were playing some 80's music. I can't even remember the songs right now, but they were good. Have you ever found yourself singing along to the music at the grocery store? It was great. I was having a good time, and people were nice to me because of it (ok, so they were probably laughing at me behind my back. Like I care. I was having fun!!) I love being able to relax and chill and just have a good time. You know, sometimes I think I worry too much. And I stress too much. It's not much fun. But tonight? It was good. All good. I haven't felt like this (like my old self) in a while. That feeling that everything is good, things are working out as they need to be and I don't need to be worried. It's a good feeling. I wish it would last.

13 comments:

James Burnett said...

I know it's corny, but when I start feeling like this (too busy and too tired/lazy) - knowing full well that everything's working out the way it's supposed to - I whip out my old mix tape and listen to "It was a Good Day." I've never been to South Central. But the theme gives me some perspective.

Claudia said...

yeah, I was so relaxed today, it was great. It was a good day.

Nosjunkie said...

I dont even own a device that shill plays tapes.

Willowtree said...

Now just watch someone screw it up for you.
btw, I think you got off at the wrong decade. Feelin' Groovy was 60s, another two stops further back.

Yasamin said...

my brain takes a vacation to the bahamas without me all the time. maybe one day it will bring me back a shotglass.

Pamela said...

When I work my butt off (don't turn around to check, though, because it is still there)
then I usually feel content with a good R & R.

You deserve it.

Matt said...

You dork. :)

I did a "Tom Cruise" in the car the other day when that song came on.... The one from the movie where he shows people the money. It's Tom Petty.

Claudia said...

matt, matt, matt.....I thought we had established this already...I am not just a dork...I am a big dork. haha! why can't I remember that song? probably because the movie's mediocre. (i know, lots of people love it...not me.)

Shti...I had left comments and they are gone!! Blogger is eating my own comments...grrrr...
ok...here we go again..

Nosjunkie...you are so missing out! the high quality, the superb stereo sounds...hehe...actually, i have a box of tapes that I need to transfer to the mp3 but I have to figure out how to work the thing first to record it to my computer.

Willow, it's ok. the 60's made their comeback while I was in high school!! Groovy was my word! and if anyone dares bust my mood, I'll deck 'em with my bag.

yas...you really like shot glasses don't you? LOL

Pamela...yes, my butt is still there too, sigh. And I forgot to mention it earlier, yes, you should come to FL!! I plan on going to the beach for either Christmas or New Year's--or both!

Claudia said...

matt, matt, matt.....I thought we had established this already...I am not just a dork...I am a big dork. haha! why can't I remember that song? probably because the movie's mediocre. (i know, lots of people love it...not me.)

Shti...I had left comments and they are gone!! Blogger is eating my own comments...grrrr...
ok...here we go again..

Nosjunkie...you are so missing out! the high quality, the superb stereo sounds...hehe...actually, i have a box of tapes that I need to transfer to the mp3 but I have to figure out how to work the thing first to record it to my computer.

Willow, it's ok. the 60's made their comeback while I was in high school!! Groovy was my word! and if anyone dares bust my mood, I'll deck 'em with my bag.

yas...you really like shot glasses don't you? LOL

Pamela...yes, my butt is still there too, sigh. And I forgot to mention it earlier, yes, you should come to FL!! I plan on going to the beach for either Christmas or New Year's--or both!

Dan said...

Hey Hon, I just love those moments where everything is just right. I consider those glimpses into the true reality of existence ... when our minds aren't interfering with our experience. We're not thinking, thinking, thinking ...

Revel in those moments. They're rare. And I happen to believe that what some may call a funk -- feeling lazy, etc. -- is a blessing. The mind is working more slowly, giving you the opportunity to enjoy the world without your mind interfering.

mist1 said...

I'm busy but lazy every day. That's why I blog.

heather said...

Ah, I love days like this.

The CEO said...

Feelin' groovey
badadadadada feelin groovey

tai chi in the morning, and it just keeps going....