Pages

Sunday, January 14, 2007

survival...

The past few days have sucked wind big time. Oh, no wait..that was me trying to breath without hacking up a lung! Mr. Virus decided to play dirty by inviting his friend SeƱor Sinus Infection to the party. Bastards both of them. I had no choice but to call in the professionals.

Sitting in the Urgent Care lobby, I was instructed to wear a face mask to prevent the spread of my illness. Why was I the only one wearing this? Others were instructed the same as I...but I was the only one. Well, at least I wasn't breathing their germs! I filled out all the necessary paperwork, and had to state the reason for my visit.

"Probable sinus infection."

When it was time to finally see the doctor, he asked me, "so you think you have a sinus infection? what makes you think that."

"well, doc, waking up in the middle of the night feeling like someone punched me in the face was my first clue. Then the feeling of my teeth aching that keeps switching sides was another clue.."

He looked in my nose, down my throat and in my ears and gave me antibiotics. I really wish that it didn't take two hours for something that I knew I needed. However, he was kind and gave me samples because I don't have insurance. I really have to get some insurance!!

So, the antibiotics are doing their job. Mr. Virus and Senor Sinus Infection are putting up a good fight, but they don't stand a chance in hell. But, God, I'm tired! Hope you all are having a nice weekend. I start school again tomorrow.

12 comments:

Matt said...

Well, thank goodness the Honorable Henry Hemmoroid wasn't invited to the party, you silly goose!

Claudia said...

Phew...yes, you're right! Thank God!!

Susan in va said...

And lets not forget Nicky Pneumonia !

And Betty Bronchitis.

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. My inner nerd is coming out again.

Willowtree said...

Shit! You live in the USA Claudia!

No insurance = possible financial ruin.

Claudia said...

Susan...LOL...between you and Matt, you could come up with a whole entourage!!

Willow...I know!! I really need to get on this!!

Karmyn R said...

and yet - if you were an illegal alien - you'd probably be seen right away and without a problem. (ha! - okay, I won't get political).

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Yasamin said...

oh my god claud in this day and age you are very lucky you found a doc willin to give you samples. they ususally are more than happy to take your non insurance having ass's money. :p

i understand. everyone in my household is sick (everyone being me and nick) lol he's got some kinda nasty cough and my sinuses have decided to get together for a jam session playing the best of TOOL. hence the massive pounding sinus headache.

we should start a support group.

Pamela said...

oh dear... sick for first day of school.

lotza tissue and anti-bacterial hand cleanser

Claudia said...

Karmyn....I love drugs...:)

Yas....no kidding! hot tea, OJ, soup...I better be losing some weight too!! LOL...

Pamela...thank God the worst of it is over!!

mist1 said...

I used to wear a face mask. No lie. I decorated it with sequins and glitter.

Odat said...

Feel better!
Peace

Crankster said...

Good luck with school.

God bless antibiotics!