Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

tonight

The wind is kicking up as a tropical storm churns in the Atlantic. It feels good to walk at night with the wind as my companion, nobody else around, just me and the wind. Heading down to the inlet, I sit on a large granite rock and watch the waves crashing above the jetty...large swells looming and then breaking over the rocks and unto the jetty. Just sitting with the wind blowing and waves crashing. It's past midnight-most of the light comes from the overhead moon. A cloud moves in and covers the moon-the night gets darker until the wind blows, the cloud keeps moving and the waves keep crashing.

8 comments:

Little Miss Moi said...

Dear claudia. Sounds lovely - I love the sound of water. I just hope you didn't get caught in the storm.

Nosjunkie said...

Love the sound of water too but I am not that keen on tropical storms

Robin (the pensieve one) said...

I hear your mood, Claudia, the perfect companion to the moment.

Karmyn R said...

Sounds very relaxing!

Kila said...

Sounds like paradise :)

Claudia said...

Dear LMM, thank you! So far it looks like it will miss us

Nosjunkie...I'll take a tropical storm over an actual hurricane tho'

Robin..yes, the mood and my weather matched

Karmyn, it helps!

Kila, you got that right! it's not always calm but sigh...it is wonderful

Pamela said...

I would like to be there (unless it's a hurricane rolling in)

Glamourpuss said...

I miss the Atlantic.

Sigh.

Puss