Pages

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

oh, the (imaginary) drama!

I am soooo screwed!!

I've not even been back in California a week and already I'm freezing my buns off!! Really!! I'm just not meant for cold weather!! I was born near the equator! I don't belong anywhere cold, or even chilly!

I've turned into wimpsicle-a frozen wimp!! Yep, that's moi!

I hope my nose doesn't fall off. It's not very big to begin with and I think I'd look pretty damn weird with no nose. I mean, sometimes in Florida, I'd be in an air-conditioned store and my nose would start to ache from the cold!!! Then, as soon as I'd get back outside into 80some degree weather, my whole body would relax and just soak it in, letting me and my nose thaw out! Now, here I am and the temp's not even hitting 70 for a high!! This is serious!

To give you some idea of just how ugly this is going to get for me...I actually used a blanket when we had the AC on in Florida!! Then, when we finally turned off the AC because the high was only 84 or so, I felt wonderful. I just looooooved it!! I didn't feel cold at all, but not hot either! Just like Goldilocks said...it was juuuuuust right!

But now?? Now...well, I'm freezing. Didn't I say that already? If I didn't, let me say it now-- I'm freezing!! And yes, I am going to keep bitching about it. While it may not make the cold go away, at least I'll get riled up enough to keep my toes from going numb! It's so bad that I've even contemplated getting those f-UGG-ly fur lined boots...but good taste has to prevail. If only I could just hibernate.

16 comments:

Glugster said...

Come visit us here in South Africa. We have wonderful weather right now, and no white Christmas.

Szarek(Will) said...

LOL

Glugster its like your taking the words out of my mouth...our weather is great and you wont freeze to death even on the coldest of days

Blathering Idiot said...

Sorry, cannot identify with you on this one. The cold gives lots of excuses to cuddle up in warm sweaters, snuggle in front of firplaces and drink lots of spiked (or not) warm beverages. The heat...well it just makes me sweat. Had a lifetime worth of hot growing up in AZ. Loving it here in OR.

Claudia said...

Glugg and Will...you guys are tempting me!! White Christmas is good only on a christmas card!

Blather...well, I suppose when your shoes melt to the pavement, that could be a bit too hot. I drove through Arizona in late June-you're right-it sucked! But I still don't like cold!

Tiggerlane said...

I am SO with you! I HATE the cold! My nose gets cold and wet - even if the AC is on too high in the summertime. I love heat!

My husband always gripes that my feet and legs are too cold this time of year - and I can wear socks and sweatpants for HOURS, and no relief. GIVE ME HEAT!

willowtree said...

It's warming up over here too. Unless you wear glasses, losing your nose shouldn't be too big an issue.

Claudia said...

tigger...amen! let's go to the Caribbean!!

Willow...I like my nose for the most part!! I'm too vain to not have a nose!! And yes, I do wear glasses!

Melissa said...

I'm always too hot or too cold. I'm only just right if I have the hot/air conditioning/blanket trifecta. I am weird.

Nosjunkie said...

Look on the bright side at least you get snow... I have only seen snow once and it wasnt more than an inch deep

Claudia said...

Melissa, no,not weird...interesting!! LOL!

Nos...hell no I don't get snow!! I'm just a wimp!! :) However...when I lived in Baltimore, I did like it when it snowed...but it wasn't often enough-it would always melt and leave slush and gray. yuck.

Szarek(Will) said...

SA's weather is best thing since the colts won the superbowl

Glamourpuss said...

I thought California was supposed to be warm. But maybe that's because I'm British...

I hate the cold, too - wrap up well and eats nice food.

Puss

Claudia said...

Will, how about them dolphins??

Glam...yeah, I thought so too, and then I got here and all my illusions were shattered. Mind you, LA is supposed to be warmer than here..and I don't know about San Diego...I'll have to visit!

Karmyn R said...

I am cold too right now - but I'll take that over the heat - I melt in the heat.

Szarek(Will) said...

I love my heat...Claudia dont get me wrong I enjoy the dolphins team...especially Jason Tylor(The dude is the best D player on the nfl) and Ronnie Brown...(pitty that he is injured now)

Pamela said...

you just need a hot bath and a heating pad!