Pages

Friday, December 07, 2007

Durrr...

Man, I just remembered I have another "must do" on my list. Soon, very soon, I need to take traffic school (thank God they have it online now!!) for a traffic ticket I got the first weekend I arrived back in Florida.

I went to get the car checked out for my mom at the local gas station and back home, I didn't see the cop lurking somewhere behind me as I pulled a "California roll" through the stop sign--coming to a near stop, but not really stopping; it's more of a suggestion of a stop, a mere whisper, a pause to make sure no other cars are there. And at this particular stop, there are hardly ever any other cars, especially on a Sunday morning. It's a quiet spot. He could have let it go.

But no. As soon as I saw him pull out behind me, I knew I was screwed. In fact, he pulled me over, didn't even tell me why, just got my driver's license and went to write up a ticket! Bastard could have at least given me a warning, no? No. He came back to the car handed me my ticket and said, "By the way, you got this ticket because you ran that stop sign back there."

At this point, I have a ticket, no matter what and I just couldn't resist--"Yeah, but there was nobody there anyways." I mean, really, what's he going to do? Give me another ticket for stating a fact?

10 comments:

M@ said...

oh, fuck him. cops LOVE to lecture you and pass moral judgment. why were you going so fast? i was trying to keep up with traffic.

i never refer to them as "sir." i am better educated so let them call me that. i refer to judges as "judge," not "your honor."

they love to lecture. fuck him. do you know why i pulled you over? cause you don't have a four-year education? your parents failed you somehow? you flunked out of law school? you're trying to meet your quota? 'cause i'm so damn cute?

Robin said...

That kinda thing drives me crazy; I've been on both sides of it, though...the warning, yes...and then the ticket. More than one.

Do you have to pay a fine AND take traffic school? Gotta tell ya, while online is convenient, WHAT THE HECK DOES IT ACCOMPLISH????

Robin @ PENSIEVE

Claudia said...

M@...yeah, first ticket I got the cop actually cussed at me!! "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" If I had been thinking correctly, I would have answered, well, if you hadn't stopped me I could have reached 100!!

Robin, yeah, tickets suck. at least I won't get the points on my license!!

Tracey said...

Now, now, Claudia (imagine this is your mother talking...or your conscience), we don't only obey laws when there aren't people around to see you =)

I find it's helpful if you've got young children in the car with you. Or perhaps our cops are just nicer than they are there? I've been pulled over a few times (wincing), but only ticketed once. And our cops never use foul language...

Crankster said...

Good for you! I mean, since you were screwed anyway...

Szarek(Will) said...

I dont have such big problem with traffic cops...I respect them...IN SOME WAY...

But if they are rude to me they will get fucked up

Blathering Idiot said...

What?! You didn't just sit there and play California visitor "Oh I am so sorry, that is how we drive in my state?" (flirt, flirt, batting the eyelashes) You let your temporary home state down, girl! If you are going to do a Cali stop, you should go all the way with the act! ;)

Pamela said...

I'm the devils advocate. There is nothing special about policeman. They are just people like you and me who get acid reflux and hemorrhoids. Eventually it is just a job. You and I reap the benefit of any bad day policemen/women are having.

I sometimes wish I could give people tickets for things like: sending me spam, bills in the mail, questions at medical appointments.. etc.

Odat said...

Awww..that just sucks!
Peace

Glamourpuss said...

Doubtless he has a small penis and a wife who belittles him and makes him feel inadeqaute. What an arse.

Puss