Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

scattered thoughts like raindrops

By 4pm yesterday, my portfolio was done and handed in. As I started leaving, even before I reached the doors, I stopped midstep and stood there for a second.

"Is it raining??" I asked out loud, partially to myself, partially to anyone that would be willing to answer.

A guy cutting his mats, answered, "Yeah, it just started."

I could smell it. There's something about the smell of a fresh rain-moisture and earthiness mingled together-that seems almost primordial-as if it's ingrained in our very cells. But then again, maybe it's just me!!

Normally, I'm not happy about the rain, but this rain we're having now is good. It's bringing some much needed moisture both to the earth and to me-and it didn't bring colder weather either! If it were a bit warmer, I think I'd just sit outside in it!!


6 comments:

Open Grove Claudia said...

Hurray for being done! Whoo Hoo!! I also love the smell of rain on the pavement - especially when it first starts. Enjoy!

Szarek(Will) said...

congrats on finishing the portfolio...

If the judges give you a review and they are men then you can also go to their house and tell their wife that he shagged you...but thats just me...

Good luck with the marks

ARIWARI

Glamourpuss said...

Congratulations! Well done for getting it all done and being done.

So to speak.

Puss

Jodi said...

Enjoy the good times, my friend!

M@ said...

When do you finish? Or fini?

Pamela said...

I feel badly for people who can't smell rain before it arrives.