Pages

Friday, March 07, 2008

ze shops

With my mom visiting on my break, we headed down to Ventura the other day-along Main Street (as an aside, I never realized how many towns have Main streets. I used to think it was just a Disney thing, having grown up in Florida and visited the ol' Mouse many times...but no, many places have a Main Street. It's kind of amusing...)

It's a really cute area, filled with all sorts of little shops and boutiques...I did manage to take a few pictures.
This is along one of the little side streets...

The sign in this window amused me...

Here is a close up- I like those hours!

At another shop, we found some rather amusing "flowers."

At another store....she sold sea shells

And for Matty…

9 comments:

Karmyn R said...

I wish I could have those hours for everything.

Blathering Idiot said...

I love those hours! Jeff and I tease each other about "ish" time. Guess we should be shopping at that store.

Pamela said...

I love main streets.
we have an interesting on in our town.
I just never thought of southern California having any.

heather said...

What a cut-ish town. Especially if you have a shopping fetish.

Odat said...

What cute "stuff"!!! lol at the penguins!
Peace

Jon said...

Looks lovely. Love those ish-hours too. They would suit me just fine.

Claudia said...

Karmyn and Blather, yes, those ish-hours would suit me quite well too!!

Pamela, it is a bit surprising but Ventura isn't really that big of a town. The town I live in and Santa Barbara also have main streets, but they're not called Main St.

Heather, I love browsing!!

Odat, it really is cute, no? You would have had a blast.

Jon, you mean Ireland doesn't follow ish hours? When I visited (over 10yrs now..sigh) I found Irish time to be rather flexible.

Glamourpuss said...

Oooh, Ventura - my friend lives there - it's lovely.

Puss

Claudia said...

Puss...it really is!