Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

on the theme of dogs..

What will they come up with next?

I just saw this article that basically states that ...dogs....bark....to....communicate. Yeah, they did a study!! I mean, what will they find next? That cats meow to communicate? And that different barks and meows convey different things?? Get outta here!! No way!!
That is just freakin' amazing!!

I think they might be on par with some others...smoking cigarettes is addictive!!  Playing drinking games leads to high blood alcohol level!!  Parents of newborns don't get very much sleep! I mean, really!! Where do they come up with this?  Here are few more suggestions for studies...presented as questions of course...so they can find-- the Answers! 

Does eating reduce hunger (or drinking water reduce thirst???)
Will riding a bicycle get you somewhere faster than walking? What about driving a car?
Do people that work inside near windows ever look outside?
Does eating a big meal make people sleepy?
Does rain fall from the sky?

This list could go on... got any suggestions for more ridiculous stories? 

7 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

I'd love to know how they discovered this - I like to imagine it would've been eavesdropping on dogs - like in a Gary Larson cartoon.

Puss

On a limb with Claudia said...

Thanks for your research quest. I've always wondered about the glue and food thing. Will you report back with your findings?? ;)

Karmyn R said...

Geez - didn't these scientists ever watch 101 Dalmations? Those dogs did the "bark alarm" - which told the news of the kidnapped puppies all the way to the country.

I'd like to think my tax dollars were going to something more important - like figuring out why the sky is blue.

C said...

Eating can't possibly reduce hunger. I eat constantly and I get hungry over and over again. Just kidding.

Jodi said...

Wait... I think I was in on the whole "sniffing glue can make you high" study. No... maybe I was just dreaming. Oh I can't remember... I don't seem to have as many brain cells as I used to!! tee hee

Hey... thanks for checking in on me! I am alive and well.

Claudia said...

Puss, I imagine the lot of them pushing as hard as they can on the PULL door.

Claudia...LOL...I was hoping you'd help me create a bigger list.

Karmyn, well obviously they did not!! they could have saved some time, I think.

C...so you're saying the effect is only temporary? (as I scribble on my clipboard) I might have to send this one in to the scientists.

Jodi, I tried, but that Elmers wouldn't cooperate! :)

Pamela said...

woof. Woof? Woof bark growl snarl, yip yip yip.