Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Another good reason to leave once I'm done?

Fire. 

A fire started less than 10 miles from where I live tonight. It's grown rapidly-they have a code red alert until tomorrow morning. The news explained that means danger of explosive fire.  Westmont College is on fire. Power lines are burnt and Santa Barbara is mostly without fire. 

Not helping the situation: the Santa Ana winds with wind gusts of up to 70mph. Watching the news guy, when the wind gusts it looks like I'm watching hurricane coverage. I don't like this. Nope. Not one bit. The good news is that it seems that most everyone has evacuated (even though homes have burnt.)

I'd like to think that the fire is not coming this way. I'd like to think. But still, I don't like it. And next year, I'll be somewhere else. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. - WT

Melissa said...

I heard about this on the news this morning. My thoughts are with you all.

~Peace'full'ness~
Melissa

Doppelgänger said...

What's the chances of you being evacuated? Where would you go?

Pamela said...

I saw it on the news. It was horrible.

Stay safe.

Tiggerlane said...

OMG...worried about you!! VERY WORRIED! Saw this was NOT going to be a good day for winds...I'll be thinking of you. TWITTER!

Mouse said...

Shit! I heard about the fires on the TV. Be thinking of you all

M@ said...

You live in a beautiful place, though. I like that, Next year, I'll be somewhere else. That's my goal.