Pages

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

smiling

As seems to be my norm, I got to class late today, sliding into the first seat I saw as the teacher was handing out the first set of today's handouts.  As I looked around to see who else was in the class, I was happy to see many people I knew. I didn't expect that, and I'm glad.

We received a series of assignments, most of which were about infrared. Yay! This is going to be learning by playing, my favorite! Other things we'll be covering? Ultraviolet, fluorescent dyes and tracers, moonlight photography and star trails, and microscopic and polarizing filters. All of this in a short seven weeks.  Even though we've only had one class, I have a feeling that this class will only give me a taste of the possibilities and that I could continue playing with this type of photography for a while. 

5 comments:

The CEO said...

You could photograph Glamourpuss by the light of the silvery moon. Yummy.

On a limb with Claudia said...

Gosh, that's a fabulous first day of class! I'm excited that you're still learning - and almost done! Hurray! I bet this term will go really fast.

Moi said...

CEO....you seem to be infatuated.

Claudia.....yes, it's been great, and I'm just as excited that I'm still learning. :) I might have some news later, but we'll see....right now I have to get a few things in order!! ;)

Pamela said...

moonlight and star trails. What a wonderful class.

Glamourpuss said...

That does sound like fun! So glad you're feeling enthused again.

Puss