Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Surprises of older houses...

I bought my place "as is" and it was a short sale. It took months to finally get approved and closed. It's a good thing I had a place to live in the meantime. Anyways, after moving in, I realized that some work definitely needed to be done. The question was, what could I live with, what needed to be done now?

As I had mentioned, the kitchen was one of those that needed to be done.  


Here is the kitchen as it was (except for the yellow…had to paint! Love my yellow!)  It looks ok, right? Except that…weeellll…some of the drawers were actually falling apart when you tried to open them. 

So, the dismantling begins..


At the sink, evidence of not so great upkeep- wet and mold. Yuck. 


Then, there was this! Under one of the cabinets, a strip of the original linoleum from when it was built in the 1970s!! Whoa! cool.  Actually, I don't have a picture of it, but we also found an S&H green stamp catalogue from 1980!!  You never know what you'll find!

The kitchen, outside...

And what was left inside...


Redone… almost done...


No comments: