Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My mid-week mini-vacation

Group sitting on beach doing beach yoga
As summer approaches, the days get longer and life just feels…better. I love leaving work and and still having hours of daytime available. I'm one of those people that need sun and light in my life. I just am. Which is why I adore the summer days.
Another bonus to the long hours- beach yoga! Every Wednesday evening, my friend D., a certified yoga instructor, hosts what I call a mini-yoga-retreat at the beach. For one thing, it's a great reason to get out and go sit on the beach for an hour, listening to and watching the waves. Then, this is a very gentle type of yoga. D. stresses that you need to listen to your body-don't try to force it, just get in touch  with yourself and enjoy the process. That's really what it's about. With my x-amount of knee surgeries, and x-amount of time sitting like a bump on a log as I recovered, not to mention having a desk job, this is something I look forward to each week.
And let me tell you, it feels great! To just go out on the beach, dig your toes in the sand, stretch and move, and breath in that ocean air for an hour as the sun sets. 
At the end of it, I am both energized and relaxed.
It feels like having been on vacation.
Even if it was just an hour.

No comments: